Our mortgage has been approved, and I have a nasty feeling I’ve now been roped into a life of indentured servitude to the bank. I wanted to give a big “shout out” to all of you who emailed me with words of encouragement, advice, and condolensces; I can’t even begin to tell you all how much that helped out. I’m going to compile a list of the great advice I’ve gotten from people here on the website, in case you ever go to buy a house.
That brings me to my next topic – my review column. Here are some suggestions:
* “Review beer and liquor! and do your write-up HAMMERED! then draw a comic!” ~Black Afrob
* “A review of beer and hard liquor would be good” ~ Jim Mac
* “Book/movie/hard liquor reviews, definitely. In any particular combination” ~ The Notrious S.H.A.N
* “The first 2 movies you review should be Friday and Cabin Boy!” ~ Grog Meenar
* “How about dress up like Alice in Wonderland and take pictures of yourself as you chase after the neighbor’s white rabbit?” ~ A Dawg
* “I would like to see a short story.” ~ Big Daddy A
So, there you have it. I’ve decided to combine as many of these as possible into one happy medium. My first reviews will be of the following:
* Book: Shadow and Claw (Gene Wolfe). This should make Korzak happy.
* Drink: The Captain’s Jewel, with the help of Jim Mac
* Movie: Ghost Dog, Way of the Samurai, which I can tell you already is one of the best movies EVER.
I also decided to leave you with this site. Does it seem weird to you?