YOU ARE HEARBY SUMMONED to answer the civil complaint of the plaintiff in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, in MIDDLESEX COUNTY. If you dispute this complaint, you are required to file with the Court located at [address] and serve upon the attorney(s) for the Plaintiff(s), whose name and address appear above, a written answer to the attached complaint within 35 days from the date served indicated below.
What a mess!
1) The summons is dated 11/18 and it was delivered on 12/10
2) The term “serve upon the attorney(s)”; I don’t even know what that means, but I find it humorous n’er-the-less.
3) The dude in the DELIVERY TRUCK who I hit from behind in my ’94 mini Tercel 2 YEARS AGO because he jammed on the brakes in a yield lane and who walked out of his truck just about fucking skipping is depriving his wife “of the consortium and services of the said injured plaintiff.” I don’t know what THAT means, either.
4) OK, New Jersey. Seriously. You’re not endearing yourself to me.
5) The website Girls are Pretty is pretty kick ass.
So, I’ve been trying to figure out what to do, other than call the insurance company, which will provide me with a lawyer, etc. I was hemming and hawing when I read this quote from my own site: What the hell, he thought, you’re only young once, and threw himself out of the window. That would at least keep the element of surprise on his side ~ Douglas Adams. So I sent the plaintiff and his wife a Christmas card. No one – and I mean NO ONE – is going to keep me from having a Merry Xmas this year.
I’ll keep you updated as events warrant. Check back here for messy details.